- This event has passed.
Holiday Food Basket Drive for our Southern Counties
November 27, 2017 @ 8:00 am - December 20, 2017 @ 5:00 pm
Our advocates at the Domestic Violence Intervention Program (DVIP) understand that holidays can be a stressful time for all families, in a time of crisis that stress is magnified. By providing food baskets to individuals and families in our rural communities located in Lee, Van Buren, Henry and Des Moines counties we are able to assist those most vulnerable within and relieve some of the stress that the holiday season can bring.
Holiday baskets are due by December 20th.
By donating the following items you can directly impact the lives of your neighbors this holiday season! Please place food items in a small laundry basket (can be purchased from Dollar Tree) or in a sturdy reusable grocery bag.
Food Baskets should include the following:
- 2 cans of green beans
- 2 cans of sweet potatoes
- 1 can of cranberry sauce
- 2 cans of fruit
- 1 box/bag of stuffing mix
- Potatoes (fresh, box of instant, or 2 cans)
- 2 jars or packets of gravy
- 1 package of rolls or box of biscuit/bread mix
- 1 dessert mix (brownie or cake mix or pie fixings)
- $25 gift card to purchase turkey and/or ham. Local grocery stores such as Aldi and Hy-Vee
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Kool-Aide or other drink powder
- Bag of fresh fruit
- Aluminum Roasting Pan
Can’t provide a whole basket? We accept gift cards and food items individually as well.
Please contact Heaven at Heaven@dvipiowa.org or 319-520-0568 for drop off information.
- November 27, 2017 @ 8:00 am
- December 20, 2017 @ 5:00 pm