The Domestic Violence Intervention Program (DVIP)’s 26th Annual Souper Bowl Fundraiser will be held on February 23rd, 2023 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel and Conference Center from 5:30-7:30 PM. The event will be back in person, with drive-through and delivery options available. “Soupporters” will be able to choose from several soups donated by local restaurants.
Ticket options are as follows:
- $100 VIP Delivery and Pick-Up (5 soups, commemorative mug, VIP gift, and homemade confetti cookies, sales end on February 8th)
- $75 VIP In-Person (Early access to soups, bowls, priority seating, commemorative gift and homemade confetti cookies, tickets must be purchased in advance)
- $35 General Pick-Up (2 soups and commemorative mug, sales end February 8th)
- $30 General Admission (Bowl and unlimited soup, tickets can be purchased in advance or at the door)
- $30 Gift of Soup (purchase soup for staff, clients, or someone you want to share the soup-port with)
- $15 General In-Person volunteer/student/sliding scale (unlimited soup, tickets can be purchased in advance or at the door)
- Free: Kids 12 and Under (unlimited soup)
For over 40 years, DVIP has partnered with our community to support victim-survivors and provide safety solutions.
As DVIP and other victim service programs face funding cuts, Alta Medea, Director of Community Engagement, stated that “This event is vital because it provides financial support to ensure our advocates are there when victim-survivors need them. In addition, the Souper Bowl demonstrates that we, as a community, support and believe victim-survivors. This event shows them that they are not alone.”
The “Souper Bowl” was created by DVIP Executive Director, Kristie Fortmann-Doser, to challenge the myth that more violence occurs against women around the NFL Super Bowl. Violence against women, men, and children happens every day. 1 in 4 women, 1 in 7 men, and 1 in 15 children will be affected by intimate partner abuse in their lifetime.