- This event has passed.
Legal Aspects of Human Trafficking: May 5th at 12:00 PM
May 5, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Join attorney L. Craig Nierman Wednesday, May 5th at Noon for a virtual presentation on the legal aspects of human trafficking including:
- Overview of federal and state criminal law
- Using criminal and civil injunctions to protect survivors
- Helping survivors secure affordable/pro bono representation
- Special legal issues involving minors
- Dealing with survivors’ criminal records
- Utilizing civil claims to sanction those benefiting from trafficking
Mr. Nierman, a partner at Phelan Tucker Law LLP in Iowa City, holds degrees from the University of Iowa (J.D., with high distinction) and the University of California, Davis (B.A.). He has taught as an adjunct law professor at the University of Iowa and Handong Global University (South Korea), co-written a college legal textbook, and testified as an expert witness around the country. He also serves on several anti-human trafficking coalitions and is a member of the American Association of Justice’s Anti-Human Trafficking Litigation Group.
Join Zoom Link:
Meeting ID: 862 5039 3830
Passcode: 862 5039 3830
This event is free and open to the public.
This event is brought to you by the Johnson County Human Trafficking Coalition.
- May 5, 2021
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Johnson County Human Trafficking Coalition
- View Organizer Website