Join Us for Our 25th Anniversary Souper Bowl!
25th Anniversary Souper Bowl
Ticket sales end on February 10th. Get yours today!
Join us on Thursday, February 24th, 2022 from 3-6 pm.
We will be celebrating our 25th Anniversary Souper Bowl at Big Grove Brewery in Iowa City.
All funds raised support victim-survivors!
Pre-Order or To-Go Options Available
We are continuing to exercise caution due to the pandemic and will be offering the following options for your meal:
- Drive through or carry out at Big Grove from 3-6pm. Masks are required.
- Delivery from 3-6 PM (must be within a 15-mile radius of Big Grove).
Preorder soups and choose from 15 local restaurants in Iowa City, Coralville, and North Liberty. Participants will receive a commemorative 25th-anniversary mug with each general ticket sold. To-go soups can be heated and enjoyed at home. There are also family packages and a VIP package that includes free Big Grove drink tokens to be used when you would like and a special gift.
We have a variety of delicious soups available this year, including:
- Chicken Tortilla (2 Dogs Pub)
- Hungarian Beef Stew (Shakespeare’s)
- White Bean Chili Verde with Chicken (Big Grove, Iowa City) SOLD OUT
- Chicken and Wild Rice (Big Grove, Solon) SOLD OUT
- Chicken Noodle (North Dodge Hy-Vee)
- Chili Con Carne (Bluebird Diner, Iowa City)
- New England Clam Chowder (Tribute)
- Corn and Bacon Chowder (Red’s Alehouse) SOLD OUT
- Butternut Squash (Veg, BASTA)
- Broccoli and Cheese (Veg, NoDo North Dodge)
- Tomato Mint (Veg, Rapid Creek Cidery)
- Lentil Barley (Vegan, Oasis)
About the Souper Bowl
The DVIP Souper Bowl raises funds for victims of intimate partner violence, human trafficking, stalking, and harassment in the 8 Southeastern Iowa counties that DVIP serves. This event was created by our current Executive Director, Kristie Fortmann-Doser, to challenge the myth that more violence occurs against women around the NFL Super Bowl. Violence against women, men, and children happens every day in our community, and around the world. 1 in 4 women and 1 in 7 men will be affected by intimate partner abuse in their lifetime.
As DVIP and other victim service programs face a 25% funding cut, Alta Medea, Director of Community Engagement, states that “This event is vital because it provides the financial support to ensure our advocates are there when victim-survivors need them. In addition, the Souper Bowl demonstrates that we, as a community, support and believe victim-survivors. This event shows them that they are not alone.”
General Souper Bowl ticket- $30
(2) 8oz cups of soup and 1 mug
Family of 4 package- $75
(5) 8oz cups soups and 2 mugs
VIP Package- $100
(5) 8oz cups of soup with 2 mugs, 2 Big Grove Drink Tokens and special gifts.
12 and up/Student- $15
(1) 8oz cup of soup and no mug
12 and under- Free
(1) 8oz cup of soup and no mug
If you can’t attend but would still like to participate, consider purchasing a gift of soup “soupporter” ticket. This gift can be given to a friend, family member, or you can simply donate to the event. The cost of the ticket is based on which option you choose.
Thank you to our generous sponsors!
The Souper Bowl wouldn’t happen without the generosity of our community and sponsors!
Presenting Sponsor: MediRevv
Platinum Sponsor: Toyota of Iowa City
Gold Sponsors: Hills Bank and Trust, CBI Bank and Trust, Little Village, Linder Tire, Green State Credit Union, KCRG, Veridian Credit Union, Horizon Architecture
Silver Sponsors: ImOn, Chomp, Great Western Bank